Darcy Lever, England
Turnaround Time

Very unhappy with this company.My friend applied and got accepted and all seemed well, so I applied, got a test shoot in manchester and went along with my mother as i was 17 at the time.

First of all we had a bit of a wait but this seemed normal. Doing the shoot was not problem either, I explained to the photgrapher I was nervous and he understood. Once the shoot was done we proceeded to wait for almost an hour whilst the test photos were "sent to adora for aproval" when we were finally asked into the office, the lady dealing with the matter was using quite confusing language, and terms that me and my mum didn't quite understand, yet nothing was explained properly to us. We were told I had been accepted and all I would have to do is purchase some of the images to send to the agency, the pictures were of good quality and i was clearly flustered trying to select a few.

We were made an offer of all 63 of the images, plus in black and white, and sepia for £1000. I had some savings and with my mothers permission I decided this would be acceptable as the deal would normally cost £1600 or so. This is when they started preassurising, I said I didn' t have the money on me, and my card wouldn't allow me to pay that much at once and I would have to withdraw the money. We were told that my mother would have to stay at the office and to be blunt I would have to be escorted by an assistant to the cash machine...

I'm autistic so didn't notice what was going on, thus following through with the transaction. I got told to email a select few to the agency and they would adversely email me with a link to my modelling page... In all I was disappointed with how basic the page was, and now after nearly two years I haven't once heard from them with work oppertunities, and now lately I've been hearing a lot that it's a big scam.

Suffice to say I'm extremely unhappy disgusting that they can do these sort of things to people.Avoid at all cost I'd say!

This reviewer shared experience about not as described and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Adora Models. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Adora Models.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Professional Services category for more informed decision or compare Adora Models to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Adora Models?

Comments

Surbiton, Kingston Upon Thames, United Kingdom #1119783

Hi there, did you get any sort of reimbursement or did you cancel your direct debit?

they are ***!worst lie ever.

they are stealing money form people....

i was there too 2 years ago.before being signed for 2 good agencies in London

lucky me that i knew how to detect an agency that is a scam

Same with me, went to the shoot, got accepted, then they told me I needed to buy the pics, lucky I only agreed to pay by monthly payments, I quickly realised it was a scam and cancelled the direct debit with my bank and changed my card details, so the pics they took only cost me 60 quid in total and they are not bad either, I just got accepted by another agency using the adora pics, thanks guys you scamming low life peasants!!!!!